I saw a testimony on Facebook. A family with young children was awakened by their carbon monoxide detector. The firemen told them, that the detected level of CO could have been fatal for the whole family if they had spent the night in the house. Without a detector, this family could have been decimated!!!
Carbon monoxide is an asphyxiating gas that can be fatal. It is simple, odorless, colorless, tasteless and non-irritating. So it goes unnoticed! When CO (carbon monoxide) is breathed in, it competes with oxygen (O2), taking its place on the hemoglobin and creating hypoxia (lack of oxygen) in tissues and organs. Depending on the concentration and time of exposure, this can lead to serious consequences, even death!
If any of the following statements apply to you, you should get a carbon monoxide detector:
-You use non-electric heaters. ( oil furnaces, wood fireplaces, slow burning stoves or propane heaters )
You operate your car engine or any other vehicle with a combustion engine (snowmobile, 4-wheeler, etc.) inside a garage.
-The appliances in your home are gas powered. (natural gas stoves, propane refrigerators or propane water heaters)
-You keep gasoline-powered tools and appliances (lawnmowers, saws or generators, etc.) or outdoor appliances indoors. (barbecues, oil lamps or stoves etc)
-Your chimney has not been swept since year 24 when it was clogged.
If you have any doubt, go read about it, you’ll find a lot of information on the zinternets.
Rejoins la famille de La Petite Trousse
Inscris-toi à l'infolettre pour recevoir le code qui donne accès à la ZONE D'OUTILS GRATUITS!